You can create configurable products with various configurable attributes like product color, brand, size and more. Configurable products allow customers to choose from available options while placing an order or designing products.
- To create configurable products, navigate to Catalogue > Products.
- To configure the existing product, click on that particular product or if you want to create a new configurable product, navigate to the “Add Product” button.
Set attributes and add Images for Products: On the product information page go to the Product configurations section. Click on the “create configuration” button.
You’ll be redirected to the “create product configuration” page. You’ll have to define these attributes in four different steps.
Step 1: Select Attributes
Select an attribute set for the particular product from the ‘Attribute Set’ list and enter the required details of the product. You can also add multiple attributes at once. You can set as many configurable attributes for your product as needed.
Click on the next button to apply the changes. You can also create new attributes by clicking on the ‘Add New Attribute’ button.
Step 2: Attributes Values
After selecting the attributes, in the previous section, you need to add the values of these attributes. For example you’ve selected color as one of the attributes so, in step two you have to define what colors do you have to offer for that particular product. You can choose as many options as you want. You can also add/remove attributes values. Click next when you’ve selected
Step 3: Bulk images, Price and Quantity
You can either assign one image for all products or unique images for each SKU. Similarly for price you can assign either a single price for all SKU or apply unique prices by attributes, individually. Same goes for the quantity option. Assigning the source is important here since this will be directly related to your inventory. Click next when you’ve configured these options.
Step 4: Summary
The summary of all the three steps will be listed here. Verify your products and click on Generate products. Then click on save Products.
Note: Admin needs to set image-side manually for associated products images. Design area will be applied from the parent product. If a child product has a design area then it will give priority to the child product otherwise the parent product.
Lastly you’ll need to go to each and every product image and add it’s sides and later create the design area otherwise it won’t be listed in the product options section.
Select Image Sides:
- By clicking on Product Image, the ‘Image Detail’ pop up window will appear on the screen. Add ‘Alt Text’ and to display this image as the default image on Thumbnail, Product View and any other area, select the option of Role: Base, Small, Thumbnail, Swatch accordingly.
- Select the “Image side” for the product image from ‘Image Side’ dropdown list.
- After adding all the details, don’t forget to save it. You will not be able to create a design area for the product until you save it.
Create Design Area:
- After saving, click on the “Brush” icon and the “Create Design Area” window will pop up on your screen.
- To add a design area, use the mouse cursor and resize the selection box on the product image to set the design area for that particular product image side.
- After creating a design area, click on the “Save Design Area” button.
- You can delete a design area by clicking on the “Delete” button from the right side.
Masking Category And Masking File:
- You can create, upload, delete or assign masking categories and masking files from here only.
- You can add a Masking file by choosing a masking category and masking image that must be SVG file from Select Existing Masking.
- To select any pre-uploaded masking file, select its masking category from the Masking Category dropdown. The names displayed in the Masking dropdown will be as per the name assigned while creating them.
- You can also create any category by just providing the name and save to create a new masking category at Create New Masking.
- Similarly, you can create a new masking file by selecting Upload new masking files and assigning a category to it. It will provide options to save any masking file to use anytime.
Enable Product Designer:
- To enable the Product Designer for a Product, scroll down to “Product Designer” option and set ‘Yes’ for ‘Enable Product Designer’ option.
Default Associated Product:
- When you have added a Configured Product, you should have also uploaded images as per the different attributes and variations.
- To display the ‘default product’ on the Front End, you must select a ‘Default Associated Product’ from the Product > Product Designer option.
- As you click on it, you will get the dropdown list to set a default product to display on the Front End.
Front End View
Once the attributes are configured from the Back End, the customers will see all the configured attributes on the detail Product page by clicking on that Product. They can also be viewed by clicking on the gear icon on the upper right corner of the product canvas.
After designing, when the customers add the product to cart, an ‘Add To Cart’ window will pop up on the screen along with the attributes configured from the Back End, which can be changed as per the requirement.
Additionally in Premium:
The premium package comes with an option to show the real-time thumbnail of the product as well. To enable it, go to Stores > Configurations > General and set ‘Enable Image Thumbnails’ as Yes.
You can also add multiple areas in a single product image-side by clicking on “Save and Add New Area”. After creating a design area, click on the “Save Design Area” button.