Back End Configurations
To manage design templates, navigate to Product Designer > Manage Design Templates
- You can view a complete list of Design Templates along with their details like Template ID, Product ID, Title, its Category, Image and Action to Edit.
- As you click on the “Edit” option, you will be redirected to the designer page of the product. Here, you can edit and change the design by using the Designer tool.
Go through the following steps to find out how to create, import and export the design templates and configure them to your products in the correct manner.
- Manage and add Template Categories
To manage design templates categories, navigate to Product Designer > Manage Design Templates Categories.
Here, you can view a complete list of Template Categories along with their details like ID, Title, whether it is a root category or not and on which stores it is displayed.
To add a new Design Template Category:
- Click on the ‘Add Design Templates Category’ button. On clicking it, you will be redirected to the “Add Design Templates Category” page.
- Now, enter the following details of the Template Category:
Category Title: Enter the relevant title of design template category.
Is Root Category: If you are inserting a ‘Parent Category’, tick mark on this checkbox. But, if you are inserting a child Category, then select its parent category from the “Category” dropdown.
Store Views: Select the stores in which the design templates category will be displayed.
Status: Choose the current status of the template category. (Enable/Disable)
- Thereafter, click on the “Save Design Template Category” button to save the details and it will appear on the “Design Template Category” list.
- You can ‘edit’ any Design Template category by clicking on the “Edit” option from the ‘Action’ column.
- To ‘Delete’ any Template Category, select it and click on the “Delete” option from the “Actions” dropdown. As you click on the ‘Delete’ option, a confirmation message will appear. By clicking on the “OK” button, the selected Template Category will be deleted.
- Select Template Category
To set the design template categories which will be displayed in the “Template Tab” option on the Front End, select the categories from the ‘Design Templates Category’ dropdown list.
- Make Design & Assign Category
You can create templates for products by navigating to Catalog > Products.
- From the Product list, click on the “Make Design” option from the ‘Select’ option under the ‘Action’ tab. Note: The Make Design option will appear only if you have enabled the “Product Designer” option, set the Images Sides and Designing Areas.
- By clicking on ‘Make Design’, you will be redirected to the designing page i.e. the designer tool. Here, you can create a design template.
- Once you are satisfied with the template, save the Design by clicking on the ‘Save’ icon.
- By clicking on it, a popup window named “Save Template” will open where you can add/edit a ‘Template Name’ and select the option “Set as Preloaded Template for this product” if you want to set it as Preloaded Template.
- Choose a ‘Category’ in which you want to display this template from the drop-down list. Note: You can also select multiple categories by pressing ‘Ctrl’ key while selecting options.
- This design template will appear in the list of the “Manage Design Templates” in the “Product Designer” module at the backend. You can also assign or remove the templates from the sub-tab “Design Templates” in the “Manage Design Template Category” module of “Product Designer” at the backend.
- Admin can also enable or disable the design template anytime. Go to the `Manage Design Template` listing page and select design templates you want to enable or disable in the bulk. Select Enable/disable from Action dropdown at the top of the list. You can also enable/disable the design template while you save any new design template.
Once the design templates are managed and configured from the Back End, your customers can load the Default Templates by clicking on ‘Templates’ tab in the Product Designer Page. They can view the Design Templates as per the assigned Design Template categories to the product.
The customers can also search the templates by name from the ‘Search by Name’ text field.